"Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning." ~Robert John Meehan

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Tune-Up Your Turn-In System

I still have nightmares about the overflowing mess that was my turn-in basket.

Papers going all different directions, spilling out every side, forgotten by me for days...

Scary.

Hmmmm, what can I do to eliminate this black hole where papers go to die.....


Finally, it hit me.





Turn-in mailboxes and a student job!

I repurposed student mailboxes as their own personal turn-in basket. Once they have completed an assignment, they put it in their box instead of one big basket.



Then, it is a student's job to mark whose paper is missing then collect the papers in numerical order.  I created personalized sticky notes from VistaPrint.com and they are perfect!



The student simply pops the sticky note on the paper-clipped pile and voilá!


Just like that I have collected papers, missing work, and it's all sorted numerically for easy grading and recording. Not to mention, since it is a student job, they can't wait to do it which means I never forget.

You can also use this concept with hanging file folders, folder pocket charts, or paper trays. 

Nice knowing ya, turn-in basket!



No comments:

Post a Comment