"Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning." ~Robert John Meehan

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Easy Summer Work Packets



Oh, the end of the year. SO. MANY. THINGS. TO. DO.

Well, I'm always looking for short cuts and here's a great one!

There's always a few kids I want to send summer work to. There are many great packets on Teachers Pay Teachers, but I don't always want to spend more money or use up more copies.

Plus, I always end up having extra copies throughout the year. So, I put the two together!




Throughout the year, I have an "extra work" drawer. I put any extra copies I have in here as we go. Sometimes it's one or two pages, sometimes it's a class set. That way, I always have a stash to pull from if I need something.



[Oh, there's that Lego...]

So now, as I am going through cleaning things out for summer pack-up, I went through this drawer and added copies to folders for a few students.


It was great because it was literally a review from the year. I had math, reading, science, social studies, and writing copies to choose from. I just added to each student's folder based on what they needed. 


Ultimately, I ended up with stuffed folders that I can now send home with kiddos and an empty drawer with little time or effort.

Win-Win-Win!



No comments:

Post a Comment