"Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning." ~Robert John Meehan

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Gmail is my HERO!

Can I just say- I LOVE all things Google!
Our district is a GAFE (Google Apps For Education). This means that our staff and students all have a Gmail account that is tied to all the wonderful things that go along with the Google Suite.
These keep me organized, people!



First, I love Gmail. I get a ton of email a day. Luckily, Gmail lets me create filters! All I have to do is tell it what senders or keywords to watch for and it automatically puts it into a folder (called “labels”) instead of filling up my inbox.
Notification from Twitter- FILTER!
Newsletters from all my favorite teacher blogs- FILTER!
Emails from the principal- important FILTER!
The concept is simple- tell Gmail that when emails from certain people or with certain keywords come in, send it to it’s own folder. Then all you have to do is remember to check the folder…. OR enjoy getting to absolutely forget about them!
See how to do that, here.




No comments:

Post a Comment